Every year, the club holds a sponsored swim. This not only gives us a chance to raise money for the club and a local charity, but just as importantly it allows the swimmers to achieve something they can be proud of. They are always amazed at how far they can swim, as are the people who sponsor them.
All swimmers will receive a certificate and badge for the distance they have managed to cover. The coaches will be on hand to ensure everyone has a fun time and achieves their potential.
2022 Sponsored Swim
The club held its last sponsored swim in June 2022 which was a resounding success with the club swimming a massive 6,854 lengths (171,346 meters) which is the equivalent of 168 miles – the distance from Dunbar to Aberdeen! The club raised a whopping £2,207.60 for Oakland’s School which was the club’s charity of choice for 2022. Well done to all the swimmers and helpers on the night.
2023 Sponsored Swim
The 2023 sponsored swim will take place on 27 and 30 March 2023 so we look forward to seeing if the swimmers can beat that distance in 2023.
- Prior to starting distance swim – make sure you have been to the toilet, if you get out of the pool, you cannot get back in!
- Swimmers are not allowed to place their feet on the bottom of the pool during swim.
- Swimmers are not allowed to stop at either end of the pool for a rest.
- You can change stroke at any time.
- If you intend to swim a lot of lengths, (more than 50 lengths) you should be at the pool to start your sponsored swim during 1st or 2nd This will allow sufficient time for you to complete your sponsored swim in good time.
- You may swim on both days, however, only one of the swims will count.
- Parent volunteers will be needed to help count lengths and encourage the swimmers.
- All money and sponsor forms should be handed into the desk, or alternatively online.
- Have fun!